Friday, June 06, 2008

Summer reading

I only read two books this summer: Night and Day by Virginia Woolf and Fear of Flying by Erica Jong.

I cannot recommend both enough.

I just finished Fear of Flying and every woman should read it at least once. I always saw it at Booksale and always always passed it by for some other book and now I regret not reading it sooner. Yes it's about love, relationships, self-discovery, and all the other things that all the other books offer but damn if it isn't brutally honest.

Red was reading it over my shoulder and I shut it so quickly I was so embarrassed, it felt like he was reading my diary.

Of course some people will disagree but read it anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOh Fear of Flying! I had such a hard time reading it last year. I couldn't finish it! I think it was my mood. Thanks to your post you reminded me about this book I have to finish. :) I'm sure it is very good; just need to be in the right mood to read it. Thanks!

. said...

Toni: YES YOU HAVE TO! Hehe :)