Monday, April 27, 2009

Marriage

Ever since my dad resigned/retired, he and my mom have been spending a lot of time together. It's nice to see. I don't remember a time when they were always together, especially when my dad was still working. He always had his own thing and my mom always had hers. I'm a little nervous because although they're married, being together 24/7 can get on anyone's nerves but so far, things have been alright. My mom seems happier and my dad seems healthier and more relaxed. They're planning a new house and it's been keeping them pleasantly occupied.

My college professor once said that married couples always have to be friends because they start out being alone and end up alone, when the children start leading their own lives. My brother and I still live with our parents but we pretty much have our own lives (well, my brother does. I'm still on allowance haha). We don't get to have dinner together as much anymore and I'm sure for a while my mom was frustrated because she was always alone but now that my dad has more time to spend with her, I'm sure she's happier. And when my mom is happier, we are all happier because whether we like it or not, the state of household affairs and harmony revolves around my mother's moods.

No comments: