Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hi, guys

Exactly one year ago, I wrote this.

Although I feel pretty much the same, I think I have learned to balance my law school existence into being a good (enough for me) one.

When I was a freshman, I just about killed myself studying. FAIL.
When I was in my second year, I refused to listen to people. FAIL.

Now that I'm on my third year, I believe I have gotten it right.
  1. When I'm sleepy, I go to sleep.
  2. I have a relatively active social life. This means going out with my boyfriend once a week and the odd party, here and there. I realize that this is still puny compared to the others but whatever, it works.
  3. Bad recitations no longer ruin my day and when midterms/finals are near, I give recitation up altogether. I have experienced studying like mad for recitation and then screwing up on written examinations. NOT good.
Aside from that, I have also learned a few things about relationships.
  1. When your boyfriend says he doesn't feel like talking about a fight, YOU STOP TALKING ABOUT THE FIGHT. Two irrational and angry people will never make a connection and will prolong the agony and drain both of you to the bone. And then when the weekend comes, you have to spend most of it making up, partly obliterating the small window of time you could have spent just having fun (a long, hard process but I'm getting there).
  2. Sometimes, you just have to surrender to the fact that you are two different people and he/she will never react the exact same way you want him/her to, and that's fine. He/she doesn't love you any less. It's just different.
  3. Rehashing and analyzing are for girl friends, not boyfriends.
  4. There are certain things you just stop bringing up.
  5. Fights are not the end of the relationship, or the world.
About friendship.
  1. Girl friends are a beautiful thing to have. I used to be a little anti-girl friend, mostly because of their tendency to huddle together and whisper/screech. However, my girl friends are strong, unapologetic little things who neither whisper nor screech. And they were there when I needed someone the most. They were there to blindly agree when I needed them to and to tell me off when I needed them to.
  2. Still not a believer of pleasing everybody and this has served me well over the years. I'm still not friends with everybody in the world and I like it fine.
About myself.
  1. This old dog can still be taught new tricks.
... yeah I think I'll start blogging again.

2 comments:

jaemark said...

the things you learned this year, they sound oddly familiar.

i'm really glad you're back blogging again :)

. said...

Jae: why do they sound familiar? Is it because I keep nagging you about my issues? haha.