Saturday, July 14, 2007

Random memory

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life but I still can't get over the fact that I went to the airport to go to the States a whole day earlier than scheduled. It's insane that I didn't even bother to check my ticket. I was under the impression that the travel agent and I were talking about the same date of departure so I took his word for it.

I spent most of the day resting, showered twice and made sure I didn't leave anything behind. My dad went home early so he and my mom could take me to the airport and say a proper goodbye. I remember feeling sad because it had been a fairly long time since I went to visit BJ (almost 2 years) and I didn't know if I wanted to go through the whole hello-goodbye process all over again. So we said our goodbyes, the man from the airport helped me through the gates and onto the check-in counter.

Where the lady told me that my flight was on the following day. What the hell. I called the agent a million times and felt so bad for being so scatter-brained. The man who helped me couldn't believe it, either. Sheepishly, I even asked, "Palagi siguro nangyayari 'to noh?"

"Hinde. Bihirang bihira."

Wow. This is what bad partnership/ObliCon cases are made of.

I was ushered back to the exit where I called my parents to come back and get me. The minute I saw their car winding their way through traffic, their windows were down and they were laughing at me. Laughing at me. That's when I started jumping up and down and laughing along with them.

My mom said "Ay nako, Mika. Why am I not surprised?"

I threw myself onto the backseat and screamed profanities all the way home. It was awesome.

6 comments:

The LG Shop said...

at least you get one hell of a story out if it! :)

Jill Genio said...

hehe mika. you will always make me smile :)

Macy said...

haha I love this kwento. d:

. said...

Inigo: I know, right. I guess. It happened 3 months ago and I'm STILL cringing about it.

Jill: Aw, thanks.

Mace: Kakahiya! But I just had to write about it.

chezka said...

hahaha. don't worry mika. you're not the only one. that happened to my boyfriend too! i didn't stop teasing him for days. hehehe

imo said...

Haha! My favorite part is the "hindi. bihirang bihira." hirit.

Of course he doesn't give you a graceful out. :D

At least you were all ready for the following day, since you'd had a complete dress rehearsal, hehe.